The Fall Fair for 2017 will be held on September 16 & 17
Farmer's Institute - 351 Rainbow Road
Celebrate Salt Spring Island's rich farming heritage at its oldest community event - the Fall Fair! Locals and visitors alike mingle on the grounds of the Farmers' Institute, in action since 1895, while taking in demonstrations, races, competitions and hundreds of displays while also enjoying entertainment and delicious fair food! Also, explore the fairway, play games and maybe even enter into a competition yourself! Celebrations and competitions have changed somewhat through the years, but much is still as it was when agriculture was the backbone of the economy!
- When: Saturday, September 16 & Sunday, September 17, 2017
- Times: 9:00am to 6:00pm
- Where: Salt Spring Island Farmers’ Institute: 351 Rainbow Road
- Theme: "Party With The Animals!
Fall Fair Highlights:
- Watch the Zucchini Races with dozens of hand decorated zucchinis vying for the top spot!
- Sheep Dog Demonstrations!
- The Tractor Pull!
- The Pet Parade!
- Livestock and the 4H!
- The Fairgrounds!
- Live Music!
- Delicious Food (including famous pies from the Women's Institute)
- Hundreds of fruits, vegetables, preserves, baked goods, flowers, arts and more on di